Software Support provides training, support and installations for Management Information Systems (MIS) used by schools; this includes a range of third-party applications.
The team is fully accredited to provide training and support for SIMS and will be completing Arbor accreditation in time for April 2020.
Unlimited training is provided as per the SLA offer. The team also provides training and support for MS Office.
We work in partnership with other LA teams and external providers.
The support we provide enables schools to meet their statutory obligations by recording and retrieving data effectively.
Meet the Team
- Lorraine Mitchell - Team Manager
- Ian Ward - Principal IT Officer
- John Williams - Senior IT Officer
- Sharna Brisk - Senior IT Officer
- Alex Lewis - ICT Technician
- Chris Scott - ICT Technician
- Andy Harrison - ICT Technician
- Jill Potter - ICT Technician
- Emma Murphy - Assistant ICT Technician
- Paul Rose - Assistant ICT Technician
- Beth Waller - Apprentice
We offer a range of courses for various roles in schools, such as Office Staff, Business Managers, Senior Leaderships, Exams Officers, Timetablers and much more.
Here are some of the courses we offer:
- Word Introduction
- Word Mail Merge
- Excel Introduction
- Excel Advanced
For a full list of courses, please contact the Team.
We have a new Training Suite in the Treasury Building which includes:
- G1 - Training/Meeting Room; can hold up to 15 people
- G2 - Training/Meeting Room; can hold up to 15 people
- G3 - Static Training Room; can hold up to 10 people plus a trainer
- G4 - Meeting Room which can hold up to 4 people
- G5 - Meeting Room which can hold up to 8 people
If you wish to book G1 & G2 with the wall removed, please book both rooms.